- The FWF Project "Optimality and Stability in Optimization" of Dr. Matus Benko with the project number P 32832-N, project leader Matus BENKO, was approved - Many congratulations !
- Svetoslav Nakov successfully defended his thesis on Thursday, 11 July 2019 - Many congratulations !
- Peter Gangl received the Erwin Wenzl Prize 2018 for his PhD thesis from the governor of Upper Austria, Mag. Thomas Stelzer.
- Jarle Sogn successfully defended his thesis on Thursday, 29 November 2018 - Many congratulations !
- Christoph Hofer successfully defended his thesis on Friday, 13 July 2018 - Many congratulations !
- Katharina Rafetseder successfully defended her thesis on Friday, 13 July 2018 - Many congratulations !
- Peter Gangl will receive the Richard C. DiPrima Prize of SIAM for his PhD thesis at the SIAM Annual Meeting 2018 in Portland, USA.
- Peter Gangl received the Anile prize of the ECMI for his PhD thesis at the ECMI meeting 2018 in Budapest, Hungeria
- Peter Gangl receives Studienpreis of the ÖMG
- Peter Gangl receives doctorate sub auspiciis
Link: sub auspiciis praesidentis rei publicae
- The LIT project "Fast Multigrid Solvers for Advanced Discretization Techniques in Isogeometric Analysis" proposed by Dr. Clemens Hofreither was approved within the second LIT call of the JKU.
- Peter Gangl's invited talk at the Special Workshop "Frontiers in PDE-constrained Optimization" at Minneapolis can be downloaded as video from the URL: https://www.ima.umn.edu/2015-2016/SW6.6-10.16/25248.
- The FWF Project "Regularity and stability of generalized equations" of Prof. Gfrerer with the project number P 29190, project leader Helmut GFRERER, was approved at the board meeting in June 2016: https://pf.fwf.ac.at/project_pdfs/pdf_abstracts/p29190e.pdf.
- Peter Gangl presents topology optimization of a colander on Science Slam https://youtu.be/h11QHVV-jwk.
- SIAM publishes "nugget" article about paper "Shape Optimization of an
Electric Motor subject to Nonlinear Magnetostatics" that was authored by
Peter Gangl, Ulrich Langer, Antoine Laurain, Houcine Meftahi and Kevin
Sturm on their online news site
- The NFN S117 "Geometry + Simulation" and, in particular, the subprojects led by Ulrich Langer and Walter Zulehner, have been prolongated by FWF for further 4 years (2016 - 2020), see also http://www.gs.jku.at/index.shtml.
- Special Semester on Computational Methode in Science and Engineering,
held at RICAM in Linz, Austria, October 10 - December 16, 2016.
See also http://www.ricam.oeaw.ac.at/specsem/specsem2016/
- 2012-10-17: Peter Gangl receives prize of Ministry for Science and Research